• Key Operating highlights include:
– Weighted average AISCs of US$952 per ounce for the financial year to 30 June 2022 (FY2022), in the bottom
quartile of the market guidance range. AISC for the June 2022 half year and quarter of US$955 and US$1,004
per ounce respectively, both within market expectations.
– Annual gold production of 494,014 ounces was in upper half of market guidance range, notwithstanding a
19-day preventative maintenance shut at Edikan in the June 2022 quarter. Half Year production of 252,850
ounces included 122,327 ounces of gold produced during the June quarter.
– Average cash margin of US$731 per ounce of gold for FY2022, and US$748 and US$701 per ounce
respectively for the half and quarterly year periods.
– Annual gold sales of 481,075 ounces at a weighted average sales price of US$1,683 per ounce including 111,897 ounces of gold sold during the quarter at US$1,705 per ounce.
– Notional cashflow from operations of US$361 million during FY2022 included June 2022 Half year and quarterly notional cashflows of US$189 million, and US$85 million respectively.
• The death of a Yaouré contractor’s employee following an accident on site late in the June quarter, overshadowed Perseus’s otherwise strong ESG performance and improvements made during the quarter.
• Perseus’s strong operating performance is forecast to continue with market guidance for the December 2022
Half Year of 240,000 to 265,000 ounces produced at an AISC of US$1,000 to US$1,100 per ounce.
• Business growth activities delivered excellent results, with a material increase in Perseus’s Ore Reserves
inventory and mine lives at Edikan and potentially, Yaouré.
– Indicated Mineral Resources at Nkosuo near Edikan containing 422,000 ounces and Inferred Mineral Resources containing a further 27,000 ounces giving rise to Probable Ore Reserves totalling 10 million tonnes
of ore grading 1.04g/t gold and containing 332,000 ounces of gold.
– The Prefeasibility Study for the CMA Underground Project progressed. Drilling was completed, resource modelling well advanced and preliminary mining, geotechnical and metallurgical study work completed. An
updated Mineral Resource and Maiden Ore Reserve will be released during the September 2022 quarter.
• Perseus’s financial position continues to strengthen with available cash and bullion of US$328 million, debt of US$50 million, and net cash of US$278 million at 30 June 2022, US$50 million more than last quarter.
see & read more on