All monetary amounts are expressed in U.S. dollars, unless otherwise indicated.
Refer to the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) and Unaudited Consolidated
Interim Financial Statements for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2017 for more information.
Toronto, Ontario, November 7, 2017 - IAMGOLD Corporation (“IAMGOLD” or the “Company”) reported its consolidated financial and operating results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2017.
Commenting on the third quarter, IAMGOLD’s President and CEO, Steve Letwin, said, "We delivered solid results with gross profit increasing for the third consecutive quarter. The lowering of the top end of our 2017 all-in sustaining cost guidance by $40 an ounce narrowed the range to $1,000 to $1,040 an ounce, reflecting continued progress in reducing costs. Based on operating performance for the first nine months and our expectations for the final quarter, we are on track to meet our production and cost guidance for the year.
"At the same time, our strategic transformation continues. The larger than expected resource estimate for Saramacca, together with its higher grades and significant expansion potential, added to the substantial resource increase at Rosebel. We continue to work at consolidating other concessions within an emerging gold district anchored by Rosebel. Westwood continues to ramp up. Heap leaching and satellite prospects could add years to Essakane's mine life, and Côté Gold is expected to be a long-life, low-cost mine heading towards development."
Third Quarter 2017 Highlights
• Attributable gold production of 217,000 oz, up 3% from Q3/16.
• Cost of sales1 of $795/oz sold, up 4% from Q3/16.
• All-in sustaining costs2 of $969/oz sold, down 7% from Q3/16.
• Total cash costs2 of $771/oz produced, up 8% from Q3/16.
• Gold margin2 of $513/oz, down 16% from Q3/16.
• Maintaining 2017 production guidance of 845,000 to 885,000 ounces.
• Lowered top end of 2017 all-in sustaining cost guidance by $40 an ounce, narrowing the range to $1,000 - $1,040/oz.
• Lowered 2017 capital spending guidance by $25 million to $225 million ±5%.
• Gross profit of $40.9 million, down $11.3 million from Q3/16, up 14% from Q2/17.
• Net earnings attributable to equity holders of $30.8 million ($0.07 per share), up from $17.0 million ($0.04 per share) in Q3/16.
• Adjusted net earnings2 attributable to equity holders of $33.7 million ($0.07 per share2), up from $21.8 million ($0.05 per share) in Q3/16 and up from $4.3 million ($0.01 per share) in Q2/17.
• Net cash from operating activities of $77.0 million, down from $125.8 million in Q3/16.
• Net cash from operating activities before changes in working capital2 of $73.5 million, down from $111.3 million in Q3/16.
• Cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments in money market instruments, and restricted cash were $835.7 million as at September 30, 2017, up $72.6 million from December 31, 2016.
• On September 5, 2017, filed the NI 43-101 Technical Report for the previously reported reserve and resource update for the Rosebel mine (see news release July 26, 2017), which included an 80% increase in attributable reserves to 3.5 million ounces from the end of 2016.
• On September 5, 2017, reported an initial resource estimate for the Saramacca deposit near the Rosebel mine, comprising 14.4 million tonnes of indicated resources averaging 2.2 g/t Au for 1.0 million ounces and 13.6 million tonnes of inferred resources averaging 1.18 g/t Au for 0.5 million ounces. Approximately 60% of the resources are contained in softer rock, with the deposit remaining open along strike in both directions and at depth. Filed the supporting NI-43-101 Technical Report on October 17, 2017.
• On August 14, 2017, acquired a 19.98% interest in TomaGold Corporation for C$2.5 million. IAMGOLD and TomaGold have a 50:50 joint venture interest in the Monster Lake exploration project in Quebec.
read more on